for qualifying recyclers
- Only applies to Level 1 recyclers.
- The subsidy is applicable to all recycled glass supplied by Level 1 recyclers registered on BanQu and will be paid along with the standard weekly payment.
- GPS data is recorded on BanQu for transactions between buyer and seller.
- In calculating the distance, BanQu will review the GPS coordinates of the transaction as well as the registered business address of the buyer. Whichever has the shortest distance to the Ardagh Cullet Plant (either Clayville in Gauteng or Bellville in the Western Cape) is the distance that will be used for the calculation.
- The subsidy is calculated as follows:
Distance factor x Rate x Weight
Distance factor is distance divided by 50
Rate is R30 per 50km per ton
Weight is qualifying BanQu tons
- The first 50kms will be paid at the full rate, even if less than 50km. Thereafter, the distance will be calculated to two decimal points.
- Suppliers from whom AGP normally collects recycled glass, and who comply with the qualifying criteria, will be paid the first 50km subsidy only.
- Only applies to existing Level 1 recyclers whose base tons will be communicated directly with them.
- New Level 1 recyclers must supply a minimum of 30 tons per month for 6 months before qualifying for volume incentive.
- Base tons for 2023 have been set by AGP based on monthly average supply of existing Level 1 recyclers for past 12 months = R100 per ton on all tons that exceed the base rate.
- Calculated as follows:
(BanQu qualified tons – base tons) = incentive tons x rate (R100 per ton).
- Applies only to waste pickers. Waste pickers typically supply not more than 5 tons per day and not more than 30 tons per month.
- Waste pickers will be paid an additional R150 per ton for new glass they have brought into the supply chain.
- Once the transaction between the waste picker and the buyer has been completed on BanQu, two things will happen in real time:
1. The buyer will make a cashless payment for the glass via BanQu to the waste picker’s kasiCASH account.
2. On behalf of Ardagh, BanQu will activate an additional R150 per ton incentive into the waste picker’s kasiCASH account once the transaction is verified.
- The additional R150 per ton incentive only applies to transactions done on BanQu.